Wednesday 4 February 2009

Slumdog Millionaires….

While in Bombay last Month my wife and I along with some colleagues from the UK and Canada, saw Slumdog Millionaire, I thought it was an exceptional film, Danny Boyle should be extremely proud, particularly of the way he captured the image of India. I know the author personally, we met while he worked at the Indian High Commission in the UK, I had the pleasure of reading an early version of the book, it’s a great and inspirational story.

I was however disturbed to read, the allegations lodged against the films makers that the children who starred in the film were paid almost nothing and are still living in the same conditions as when they were discovered by the casting scouts.

I hope these allegations are not true, and that some of the films profits will reach the people who live in the slums, particularly the kids who starred in the film, as Danny Boyle has since said. There is a potential millionaire, born every day in all the Slums of India.

No comments: